This course is designed for:
In this lesson the candidate will learn about the Minimum Equipment List (MEL), how it is developed, the legal requirements (EASA & FAA) and how to use the MEL
Goals: To give candidates the necessary information, knowledge and training for them to be competent in using the Minimum Equipment List.
1. Introduce the concept of the Master Minimum Equipment List (MMEL).
2. Introduce the concept of the Minimum Equipment List (MEL).
3. Know how the MMEL is developed.
4. Know who develops the MMEL.
5. Know how the MEL is developed.
6. Know who develops the MEL.
7. Understand the legal basis of the MEL & MMEL.
8. Understand who approved the MEL & MMEL.
9. Know how to use the MEL.
10. Know the rectification intervals of the MEL, when they start and when they end.
11. Know the symbols in the remarks column.
12. Know how the MEL is organised.
13. Know when the MEL is applicable.
Minimum Equipment List
Method CBT, CBT skill test
Duration 1 hours
Initial training Yes
Recurrent training Yes